EarthLife is not renouncing what is. It is accessing more in life through observance of a few ancient practices.
Start the day with personal ritual
The easiest, and one of the first rituals we learn is to “Greet the Sun.” This can be as simple as saying “Thank you for another good day in my life;” singing a chant of gratitude, or even joining us for a morning cup of coffee and reciting our Cyclic Prayers from our Facebook Group EarthWisdom Global Prayer Web.
But Maria’s personal favorite - a variation from Grandfather Fools Crow - is a more informative meditation, done within a circle of stones - a medicine wheel or labyrinth is perfect for this ritual. For this ritual you will need a blanket, smudge and smudge pot, or shell. (For smudge many choose sage or cedar, or a combination of the two. Sweetgrass is also popular. Smudge a bathing in smoke for cleansing energetic fields.)
• Go outside in the morning to begin your day. Allow 15-20 minutes for this ritual. Go to your circle of stones, and enter as per established protocol - circles are different, so follow what your particular circle has prescribed as etiquette for entrance.
• Lay your blanket on the ground and sit yourself in a circle of stones. Place your smudge and smudge pot in front of you.
• Light your smudge and pull the smoke to you, bathing yourself in it.
• Do a check of your body. Do any places feel tight or tense? Blocked? Grab them and imagine pulling these blocks out of your body and deposit them into the smudge pot.
• When all places feel relieved, sit a moment with your eyes closed and be fed by Grandfather Sun’s warmth. Silently give thanks for the gift of another day of beauty. This will align you to the energies of the day, and your life will run smoother. We advise this as a daily ritual. Try it for awhile, and see how it feels. There will be more elaborate ritual eventually, but remember in your rush for more knowledge… connection is so simple… even a child can do it!
Oh, and don’t be surprised what the inner child may see in the process!
* for a more permanent wheel, create your own Dreamer’s Medicine Wheel vortex.